CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

1.25.2010

the past

"forgive & forget"
REALLY!? honestly now, how many people can just FORGET? I can easily forgive.... way too easily at times but i dont forget. But OH i want to forget! And Its not that i dwell on something... It just haunts me. I've been this way with certain things my entire life. When i let people get really close to me, i get really attached... to the point that if that person leaves my life i break down. My first lesson was in middle school with a best friend. It got easier over time to allow people to walk out of my life.
I was the kid with the "security blanket" everywhere she went... seriously, it was a bunny with a little blankey attached. I still slept with it when i was 10 years old. it stayed under my pillow. i would have never told a soul then!
Now its happened again. I deleted every single one of my blog posts. I didnt want to be reminded because i'm reminded enough by daily things. Not all of them had to do about him and yes there were tons i wanted to keep but i pretty much just threw them all in the fire. I couldnt handle going through and reading each one to decide what i wanted to delete. So i did what cant happen in real life, i deleted my past.
Forgiving is easy. Forgetting will not ever happen. However, i do know things get better with time.


2 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

So happy you are back! Yes I agree with you... Its must easier to forgive then to forget! And I wish it was the other way around!!! Oh and a delete button would be lovely in real life! =)

Justin and Marcie said...

Ok I know I don't know you that well, but I feel like an expert on this topic so here's my two cents...

As great as it is to be able to delete your past, God makes you go through the things you go through for a reason. Your past may have hurt you badly, but it makes you stronger in the end. If you can come out with your held high, you achieved what God wanted you to achieve. God has a plan for your life and you may not see it now and you may not want to see it now, but apparently "he" isn't in it. And there's a reason for that. You'll probably never know what the reason is, but that's where faith comes in. I dated a guy for three years and ended the relationship because I felt like someone out there was better fit for me. It was hard. But I had faith. Eight months later, I reconnected with my husband...and the rest is history. I know it's hard to trust something you can't see, but God will reward you if you put your faith in His plan for your life. Remember that everything happens for a reason and God will never put more on you than you can handle. And God knows what you can handle more than you do. Ok that's my seventy five cents instead of two, sorry :) I'm praying for you girl!