Obviously, As soon as I said Yes, I couldnt wait to ask my Bridesmaids... But I forced myself... Told them I hadnt decided yet haha and made them all WAIT because I had a special way I wanted to asked everyone and I didnt want to ruin it. I had tons of ideas how I was going to ask everyone but I finally decided to make it slightly simple so I could start asking.
Jackson and I worked on a poem. I typed it out, after it was typed it was funny that I thought the shape of the words looked kind of like a wedding dress. I got card stock in our wedding colors, glued everything together and added a ribbon to the top.
After Christmas I went to DG and bought all the 80% off red ball ornaments. I tied a tiffany blue ribbon around the top and wrote each girls intital with a paint pen and 'Will you be my bridesmaid' on the back. I felt like that was symbolic since we got engaged in a christmas ornament store.
I wrote a letter to each girl summing up how important they are to me, how thankful I am to have each of them in my life and why I wanted them in our wedding.
The Maid of Honor & Matron of Honor got a picture snow globe with a picture of us on one side and "with you be my maid/matron of honor" on the other.
![]() |
| This is Candace's box |
I placed everything in a box with fake rose petals and gave them to each fabulous girl on our 'date'
![]() |
| This was Claudia's box |
Maid of Honor - Anneliese ~ She lives in New Mexico now so the night of our engagment when I was overwhelmed with who all I needed to tell and eventually just put it on facebook even though we said we'd wait, I hadnt called her yet and she called and left me a voicemessage... I felt HORRIBLE! I called her back and told her she was my maid of honor.... yea told her lol. It wasnt til later on that I actually asked her of course she said yes! Her box... is still in a box of her birthday/christmas gifts that I need to mail soon.
How I know Anneliese: Her mom actually taught my brother in 3rd and 4th grade. We knew each other in 5th grade but didnt become friends until 6th grade and then we were always together. We had our little group like all middle school girls do I guess. She quickly became my bestest friend and that hasnt changed a bit! She moved to CO the summer before we started high school but she came back to visit a couple times. Then instead of going on a Senior trip after I graduated, I flew to CO to spend a week with her and see her graduate then she came back to Bama for a week and we went on a beach trip. I havent seen her in YEARS but shes my bestest friend, I always say we're close at heart but miles apart. I love her so much! Sometimes we'll go a little while without talking due to crazy busy times but when we catch up its like we havent missed a day! Jackson & My wedding day wouldnt be complete if she wasnt by my side.
Matron of Honor - Candace ~ I'm sure she assumed but I hadnt technically asked her and was trying to not talk about it at all. She was working at her moms dress shop up the road from my house and I told her I was going to stop by. She didnt know I was bringing anything. I walked in with a cardboard box. She ran up and hugged me then sat there for a second looking back and forth between me and the box before she asked what was in the box. She was so excited when she opened it. She was the first to receive hers. I made her promise not to let anyone else know. She said yes :)
How I know Candace: She actually graduated with my brother. When I first moved to Tuscaloosa at 6 years old I lived in the neighborhood behind Candaces house. Her brother Jordan was in my 5th grade class and I'd ride my bike to his backyard and we'd all jump on the trampoline. Candace was Jordan's annoying little sister at that time. Then in High School I dated a guy a year younger than me who was very close friends to Candace. Actually, after school one day I went swimming with Jordan, the guy I ended up dating and some other guys and Jordan told me that guy wanted to take me out one a date, who btw only had a drivers permit at the time. Jordan said he really wanted me to go out with him and If i didnt he'd throw me in the pool. (We were about to leave and I had dry clothes on) the guy asked, i said sure... but i still got thrown in the pool. I dated that guy on and off for 2 years. We obviously didnt make it but I gained Candace as a best friend. We've been through a ton together and I love her like a sister. I tell her all the time shes the only friend I have who at times we fight like sisters but 5 seconds later we're fine. Her brother Jordan is no longer with us, but I knew he's with us in spirit. I'm so glad I met Jordan and dated that guy because now I know even stronger that God placed us in each others lives because we needed sisters. I'm happy to have her as a Matron of Honor, My & Jacksons Wedding day wouldnt be complete without her. Also, her baby boy Cooper who will turn 1 year old in September. I'm so proud of the Mommy Candace has become and I've claimed Coop as my own child just about :) and he'll be a ring bearer at the wedding.
Bridesmaid - Ashli ~ I gave in and asked her before I gave her the box. Her, Jackson and I all ate midnight sushi and I gave her the letter and box then. She wouldnt read the letter in front of me... just incase it made her cry.
How I know Ashli: I knew Ashli but didnt become friends with her until 6th grade. Shes bestest friends with Anneliese as well. We didnt get along at first... I dont think she liked me at first and Shes the kind of person who doesnt hide things well :) thats why I love her so! We went through middle and high school together. So many memories! I called her A-Tay. We all had nicknames at one time... She was duckie, I was goosie. We were weird... maybe we're still weird. Shes probably the only person in my graduating class and from our group of friends that I've had no problem staying in touch with. For YEARS we had weekly lunches and caught up. I sure miss those! She is an RN and just bought a house. I'm so proud of her! Shes one of my bestest friends and I'm so excited shes going to be in Jackson & My wedding... It wouldnt be complete without her!
How I met Claudia: She is also 2 years younger than me. She graduated with my brother and Ive known who she was for years but we didnt become friends until the last year or so. We both worked at VV Preschool and of course my last year there we finally got to work together but we quickly became friends. Shes a new bestest friend and I loves her bunches! We might not have been close for very long but Jackson & My wedding day wouldnt be complete without her either.
How I met Tabitha: We met in 2007 when I started dating this guy who was best friends with her boyfriend. We quickly became friends and soon became best friends! She has a fabulous little girl, Emma. Tabitha is a GREAT mommy! I'm VERY proud of her! We sometimes go a little while without talking but we always find time to catch up like we havent missed a thing. Shes one of my very bestest friends and I love her so much! I dont know what I'd do without her! Jackson & My wedding wouldnt be complete without her! :)
Bridesmaid - Kayleigh ~ My Cousin moved up to Tuscaloosa and I hadnt seen her new house yet! So I told her I was coming by to see her new house and bring her christmas present. Part of her Christmas present was "the box" victoria secret box with all the goodies. She was excited as well and she said yes!
How I met Kayleigh: Well, shes my cousin! Our moms are sisters and we're closer than they are! :) Shes 3 years younger than me and I've known her, her WHOLE LIFE! :) Its always great when cousins become friends. She recently moved to TTown but I'm sad to say we havent been able to spend much time together yet. Also, she has a son Pierce who is all boy and shes a wonderful mommy! Jackson & My wedding wouldnt be compete without her!











2 comments:
Adorable idea! They'll never forget it!
Such a cute idea!!! I know all of them loved it!!!
Post a Comment