CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

3.25.2013

I'm a Married Person Now


Jackson + Laura from Holloway Productions on Vimeo.

Here's our music video from our wedding day 3.2.13
We are going to Tahiti for our honeymoon the first week in July.

Right now Jackson is working nights and I'm on Spring Break. At 24 years old my "Spring Break" means moving the rest of my stuff from my parents house, organizing our wedding gifts, finishing thank you notes and decorating our home. If it wasn't 40 something degrees right now I'd be wishing I was at the beach. I have a lot that I want to get done this week so lets hope I can be productive!

The 14th of this month Jackson and I got in a wreck. Neither one of us have ever been in a wreck. He was driving our Explorer, the same vehicle he'd drove to work all week because his civic needed new tires and he didn't want to chance them any longer until he had a chance to buy new ones that Saturday. He was going to pick up dinner and I wasn't even planning on going with him but for some reason I did. I ALWAYS wear my seat belt but for some reason I didn't. We were going to BJ's BBQ literally 2 miles from our house. We both always have our cell phones but for some reason we both didn't. No big deal, we thought! It wont take long, we thought!

We're almost a mile down the road and the truck starts shaking. Not enough that its obvious that its a tire, plus we knew there was nothing wrong with the tires because they were fairly new and Jackson had checked them that morning before work. He asked me if it was doing that last time I drove it and right after I said "no! lets check the tires when we stop" the rear tire on the passenger side busted and we're spinning in the middle of 2 lanes of 7:00 traffic, when we were facing on coming traffic I just knew someone would hit us. Next thing I know we were FLYING into the ditch in the median. At that time, I (in the passengers seat) flew towards the drivers side and hit my head on the windshield hard enough to crack the windshield and hit my collarbone on the steering wheel. Jackson put his arms up and stopped me but I could just picture myself flying through the windshield. Then the truck slammed down on the ground and the front driver side tire busted on a concrete drainage pipe and we finally bounced to a stop.

Luckily we were in Moundville (a small town) because If we would have been in Tuscaloosa I doubt people would have stopped. We were so lucky that we were hurt, besides bumps and bruises and that we didn't flipped! The people beside us, in front of us, behind us stopped and even people on the other side of the road going the opposite way stopped. We were able to use someone's phone to call a tow truck and Jacksons Dad. A few cops even passed but didn't stop. Then finally a Moundville cop stopped to just make sure we were okay. He asked if we needed an ambulance and said we must not since there wasn't any blood.

I went to work that Friday and obviously was extremely sore. That weekend I was still sore. Monday the soreness was mostly gone but I had the worst headache ever. By Monday night, I was cooking dinner and blacked out and burnt my hand on the skillet. Tuesday I went to work but probably shouldn't have, I was completely out of it. I could hardly function and when I went outside I could hardly even open my eyes. So I took 1/2 a day off and took a migraine pill when I got home. It knocked me out for 3 hours but I woke up with the same headPAIN. I called my Neurologist and set up an appointment for the following day, It was time for my 6 month follow up on the brain cyst they found.

At the appointment, my doctor asked if I could ease off work the next 2 days and stay on a pain medicine regiment to see if it would knock out the headache and he set me up an MRI that Friday morning. I decided not to ease off work the next 2 days since the next week was Spring Break and I just took the pain meds at night. Friday, what I thought would be an hour MRI ended up being 4+ hours. The Medical Center sent me to the hospital for more tests and I ended up completely missing work. So far all I know is I have a severe concussion. Apparently, symptoms from a concussion can last weeks and months after the impact. This pain is ridiculous and I sure hope it doesn't last much longer!

That's enough married adventures for tonight! I've got to get back to the never ending thank you cards! So grateful to be writing them though!

2 comments:

Justin and Marcie said...

Well look who made it back to blog land!!!! Congrats on your wedding!!! That video is awesome and I LOVE the songs selection! Sad to hear about your wreck though. At least you are both fine! Missed you blog friend!

Jenny Strickland said...

I get so excited when I see that you have posted a new blog! Welcome back married lady!!!

Congratulations! That video totally made me cry! So sweet! You were a beautiful bride!

I hate to hear about your wreck but I am so happy y'all are ok!

I hope to see more blog posts from you soon!