It didnt take too too long for me to love the freedom of being single.
dont forget, i didnt WANT to leave Rusty. I HAD to. He was constantly on my mind.
I had to restrict myself from talking to him... he didnt make this very easy.
I cried every. single. night. It would have been SOOO much easier to just RUN back to him!
I realized my normal "happy all the time" self... was seeming more and more depressed.
Friends would BEG me to come over.... and i'd find some reason to stay at home.
I'd go to bed at 8pm on a friday night or stay up late on a saturday night scrapbooking.
I hadnt been 21 for long and i was "expected" to be OUT! i didnt answer texts or calls.
After probably a month of that BLAH... i started hanging out with friends.
hanging out with friends resulted in meeting new people.
stupid boys wanted my number. stupid boys with girlfriends tried to flirt with me.
"shes the hottest thing i've ever seen" i'm sorry but i'm not a thing. thankyouverymuch!!!grrr
All these stupid boys reminded me how much i didnt want to find a new guy.
i'll stay single thankyou!
midnight texts saying we're perfect and i should give you a chance = scary! i cant believe people are really like that!
I went out Halloween night... got $50 stolen from me... and decided i was done going out!
i was done with guys.
during this time i was going to church as often as possible... sunday morning, wednesday night... whenever there was preachin i was listenin! God was showing me AMAZING things! Words honestly cant express everything I experienced within this time. I was gaining more Godly friends and as each day passes i feel my relationship with the Lord gets stronger, and stronger!
i have a "power of prayer" book... in this book i made a list of qualities i needed a guy to have before i even considered to date them... i wasnt going to settle for anything less than what i deserved! i prayed to be prepared for the man God has made for me and i understood that, that man wouldnt come anytime soon.
I understood that God wouldnt give me a guy until i was ready. I began to live by the quote "A girl should be so lost in God, that a guy must find Him to get to her."
there were also things i wanted in a guy... a good job, a truck (i'ma ford girl btw), to take me out on dates, just a good ol' country boy! and i was pretty sure they didnt exsist anymore.
The beginning of Nov. I went out to eat for a friends birthday dinner. I sat down and looked next to me to see an old guy friend! I was very excited to see him! We started catching up and he asked about my love life.
I told him i was done with guys.
He laughed and said i should meet a friend of his.
I laughed and said "maybe you misunderstood me, i'm DONE with guys!"
He goes on to tell me how this guy is really COUNTRY! Now i live in Alabama so maybe you dont understand what i mean... because there are a lot of Country boys but not many true COUNTRY boys! He tells me hes a good guy, 23, graduated from a rival school (haha), has a good job, treats a girl right and has just been looking for a good girl.
he asked if he could give him my number.
i said suree.... but i'm not gonna date him. i guess it wont hurt to have a new guy friend.






4 comments:
Ok so is there a Part 3???? You're blog posts are MAJOR cliffhangers!!!
yes theres def a part 3! lol i didnt want to make them extremely LONG
I agree.... They are MAJOR cliffhangers!!!!
I so wished we lived closer!!! Cause I know that we would be bff's!
Keep going.. I'm waiting!!!
Oh and I can relate to so many things in this post... seriously.
I love the quote about finding God.. and I am so proud of you for all of the choices you made through such a difficult time.
Bravo I say! Bravo!!
Post a Comment