CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

10.18.2010

I'm BACK!!!

FINALLY! I've had this same post in my drafts for more than TWO MONTHS!
its been TOO LONG since I've last blogged!


I would say I've been slacking... but I honestly havent... Ive just been BUSY!
Without my phone I wouldnt even be able to check gmail or facebook. I've been reading yalls blogs, its just hard to comment from my phone. If only I could easily blog from it! Speaking of my phone - I just got a new one!!! Samsung Captivate. Google it! [I Google EVERYTHING, seriously] I'm so happy with it so far. Its very similar to an iphone. The screen is bigger though.


To sum up most of my time: I've been working 40+hours a week, finishing up classes and I graduated college with Honors on September 2 [NO MORE SCHOOL] and spending a lot of time with an old guy friend... who has turned into more than just a friend and we've been actually dating now for probably over 2 months... lol. I finally got a new a/c in my car and its WONDERFUL! I've celebrated all the Alabama home games on campus.... the great thing about livin in t-town!



ok now. forget getting into everything else i've been doing and let me just get straight to Jackson, my 'new' guy! or do I need to update yall on my and rustys break up first? hmmm... nah....



I got a random text from a guy friend, Jackson.... who i've known for about 4-5ish years. He text me on a Thursday while I was at work and I didnt reply until the following Friday, over a week later.

We hadnt really talked in probably 2 years because he was in a "serious" relationship and I was in a "serious" relationship with Rusty... neither one of us knew how unhappy the other was. The only communication Jackson and I have had in the past 2 years is very few random updates on our lives.


Let me jump way back to when we very first met EVER!
I think it was not long after I turned 18... My best friend / partner in crime @ the time, Candace and I met up with 3 guys in the Walmart parking lot one night. Candace was meeting up with a Taylor, a friend of hers, who had Jackson and another guy in the car with him. I knew of Jackson because he had been dating a good friend of mine for over a year and they'd recently broken up.

In Walmart Parking lot Jackson didnt speak to me at all but not even 5 minutes after they drove off Taylor sent Candace a text asking if he could give Jackson my number because he thought I was hot. haha I told Candace I didnt care. I honestly dont remember If Jackson called me or text me the first time we talked nor do I remember how long it took him.... but if it wasnt that night it was sometime that weekend. I know we talked on the phone for 5 hours the first time we ever talked. I remember telling him that I knew who he was and that I was friends with his ex. We quickly became kinda of close friends.... we talked almost every night.... mainly about him trying to get over his ex... i definitely would have NEVER dated him then because I couldnt have done that to her. I remember feeling guilty for even talking to him so often... I talked to her about it and she said she was glad he was talking to me about everything and glad he had someone to talk to.

Anyways, time went on but Jackson and I never lost touch but his ex and I did, sadly. Might be a good thing though because right now I'd feel strange dating him if i was still such good friends with her. Jackson and I were always flirty kind of friends... but that was us... I never ever EVER imagined dating him... I mean, He was just Jackson!

We had some of the same friends so there were many times we were at the same parties... I remember him calling me many times asking me to come hang out where ever he was, sometimes i'd just ignore him and other times I'd talk candace into leaving where ever we were to go see him... even if it were for a few minutes.

He drove across town between his college classes to see me while i was on break between classes at my college. I always loved to see him... he made me smile... It was so much fun being around him! I remember going to see him when he worked at a restaurant and he gave me a free drink and fried pickles.

When I first started dating Rusty I hadnt seen or really talked to Jackson in about a month. Rusty and I were at a party and I was standing beside a truck while Rusty was talking to someone and I turned around to see Jackson right behind me! I was so excited to see him that I ran up and probably about knocked him down to hug him! Jacksons mom was Rustys kindergarten teacher so they knew of each other. I remember Rusty turning around and asking me how I knew Jackson and I totally joking told him we were once lovers! little did i know!


anyways, now back to a few months ago when I was replying to his text extremely late... It was 7pm on a Friday and we literally text NONSTOP til 2am.... just catching up! (and pretty much havent stopped talking since) He asked why we ever stopped talking because he loved talked to me. Sometime that weekend he even told me not to get all weird but he had the biggest crush on me back then. Apparently that was why we talked so much... I thought he just liked talking to me! (lol I wish so badly that I could go back in time and know what all we talked about for so long back then! We seriously use to talk for HOURS every night!) He begged me that entire weekend to hang out with him and his friends because he hadnt seen me in so long and for some reason I kept blowing him off! Then finally I gave in (maybe to shut him up and because i did want to see him) that Sunday night I went to a late movie with him and one of his friends. We didnt get out until after midnight and we both had to work the next morning. Since then the longest we've been apart has been one day.

I dont know exactly when we started "offically" dating. One night we went and hung out with Candace and her boyfriend and she told him that she told me to date him years ago but i didnt listen.

If you would have told me years ago that I would be dating him now then i'd think you were insane but now i honestly cant imagine dating anyone else. I know everyone usually says that when they first start dating someone. but this is just different... (i'm sure everyone says that too lol)... We both feel the exact same way about each other. Everything just feels so right. Our relationship is so easy... we just flow together... we're perfect. He tells me all the time now that I just need to start arguing with him about something.... we get along so well that we dont argue at all. I could sit here and describe how he makes me feel and all that kinda stuff but it might get so corny that you puke annnddd this is already so long that it would make it longer. I'll just say that I honestly didnt think relationships could be this easy. I thought they were all so hard and you just had to MAKE it work... we dont even have to TRY to MAKE us work... because we just fit together so well. Who knows whats going to happen in the future but i've never in my life had a guy treat me so well or be so sweet to me and constantly caring about ME. I've never been so Happy with a guy. I didnt know this feeling. I thought I knew love but I was totally miss using the term.... I'm sure everyone does. I just cant imagine it getting any better than this. I can honestly say I feel like he is the perfect guy for me.

I'll stop because this is getting long... and you'll be hearing A LOT about him and us from now on!

If you actually read this entire thing... hopefully it makes sense.... you must have been really bored!

I'm BACK! Hope everyone is doing well!!!

2 comments:

Jenny Strickland said...

It made total sense!

I can't tell you how happy I am that you are back and that you are HAPPY!!!!!

Its amazing how love can actually feel if you honestly know what LOVE means! We all go through those relationships where we think that they are the one. We spend days trying to get over them, thinking that we never will and that we will never find love again... But then it hits you *smack*!!! Out of no where you meet someone, or in your case reconnect with someone and then you realize what love really is!

I am so happy for you and Jackson! You saying that yall never fuss reminds me of Adam and I! We fit together so perfectly! Sometimes I do start a fight just so we can fuss!

I hope you keep us updated! Which I stay pretty updated since we are facebook friends! But I will admit I have been missing your blogging!

I hope you have a great week!

ROLL TIDE!!!!!

Justin and Marcie said...

I can't tell you how happy I am that you are happy again!!! I've prayed for you and it looks like you've finally got your prince charming. The way you talk about him reminds me of the way I felt about Justin when we just started dating, which leads me to believe that you guys will last forever.

I hear you and Jenny both on the not really fussing thing. Justin and I have disagreements (mostly about SEC football) but we never really argue/fight. What is important is to find someone that knows how to say "I'm sorry". There will be times in your future that you will have a disagreement and you have to know that you're with someone that's big enough to take equal responsibility for disagreements. From the way you talk about Jackson, I can already tell he's that kind of guy. I'm so happy for you!!!!

Keep blogging because I want to hear more about mr. wonderful!! Have y'all dropped the "m" word yet???