I wish I could find a doctor who cared more about getting me better than making money off of me. Ever since my sinus surgery I feel like my ENT doc just doesnt care. Whereas, before my surgery he was always very concerned and eager to get me well. My surgery actually worked. I've still gotten a couple sinus infections but not nearly as many as I use to. I got one in April and one in Oct. Makes sense because its change in seasons.
After he treated me for a sinus infection in Oct he told me to come back 2 weeks later so he could make sure I was completely better. Usually I cancel those because I dont need to pay him to tell me I'm better. This time I was feeling sicker so I decided to just go. I knew I didnt have a sinus infection anymore though. I had a bad cough, chest pains and it was hard to breathe.. my lungs hurt! I told him all that and he didnt even do a chest xray and wouldn't give me cough meds even though I begged for them. He just said that he partially treated me for my sinus infection 2 weeks before and prescribed me nose spray + z-pak+2shots!
I woke up the next morning feeling WORSE! My voice sounded horrible! I went to work feeling crappy but I didnt have a fever or anything so I saw no point in taking off work. At 9am my boss looked at me and It sounded like I had walking pneumonia. I thought she was being a bit extreme! I left work 3 hours early. My boss said I needed to go home and rest so I could be back at work the next day but my chest was hurting me so much that it scared me and I decided to see another doctor. Jackson was worried about me so he met me at the doctors office without me even knowing he was coming. After a strep test, Flu test, chest xray, and a buncha blood being taken from me.... The doc confirmed my boss' guess --- walking pneumonia! I'd never even heard of it.
Jackson picked me up from my house, took me to get hot'n'spicy soup and back to his house for me to sleep. He was so sweet to me, well he always is but he took such good care of me! I've never dated a guy that actually cared so much about me to take care of me when I was sick. He bought me Gatorade and i rarely got out of bed for 24 hours. I pretty much slept the entire time. He made me a biscuit in the middle of the night because he didnt want me to get sick from taking so much medicine and not eating. He brought me lunch on his lunch break at work. He's good to me :) and I love it. I'm better now... still a little achy.
I signed up for two 5ks in December back-to-back! Dec 4 & 5. I'm pretty sure its because they're christmasy races and I absolutely love Christmas! :) So um I need to start running more.
- Have I already started Christmas shopping? Why, YES I have!
- Am I already listening to Christmas music? Sure am!
If I had a house to decorate it would soooo already be decorated on the inside! My mom thinks I'm insane but I always wait until they put holiday decorations on major sale and I go buy up everything I love and put it in storage!
Earlier I received a text from Jackson "I think you think i'm cute or something. can i take you out sometime?"
my response "hmm idk. I'll have to think about it."
then i got a little busy and didnt look at my phone for a bit but when i did this is what i read... "I'd love to take you to get some sushi at 5 different places while its raining and then go sit on someones back porch for a while. i'll just hold your hand in the car and maybe kiss you." gahh he makes me smile.
I'm not really sure when our first officially date was because I'm not positive when we stopped "hanging out" and started "dating". Is that sad?! But I think our 2 real date he told me that we were going to get sushi. because he loves sushi too. we seriously went to 5 different japanese restaurants because they were all PACKED on a Friday night. We ended up getting a to go order and going over to my friends house and eating it.
Its the little things :)
Since its November 15, here are 15 things I am thankful for in no particular order!
1. Not only am I thankful to have a job but I am thankful that I work in a Christian environment teaching children about the bible. I feel like I'm begining prepared for when i'm a mommy in 345713094889 years.
2. I am thankful for such a close, loving and supportive family. Not just my parents but both sides of grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins.
3. I am thankful for our AMAZING God. I do not know where I would be today without HIS ENDLESS LOVE!
4. I am thankful to be able to live back with my parents rent free - with a roof over my head and meals to eat.
5. I am thankful for my friends. We may not be able to talk every single day anymore but I'm glad I have such true friends!
6. I am thankful to such a wonderful boyfriend in my life!
7. I am thankful that my preschool teaching partner is a close friend of mine. She means a lot to me and I dont know where I'd be without her in my life.
8. I'm thankful for my blogfriends!
9.I am thankful to have a relationship with my brother even though I do not agree with some things he does.
10. I'm thankful that I can still drive my beloved mustang :) Sure would hate to walk places in rainy weather!
11. I'm thankful for a college education!
12. I'm thankful for good health.
13. I'm thankful that I'm able to save money and be debt free.
14. I'm thankful for being an American!
15. I'm thankful that I've gone through everything I've gone through that has gotten me to where I am today.... and for everything I will go through in the future to get me where ever God wants me to be.
11.15.2010
its the little things
Posted by Laura Sue at 11/15/2010 07:27:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






4 comments:
Love your post! The little things are the best! and I pray you start feeling better! :)
How sweet!!!!!
The little things are the ones that mean the most!
I hope you are feeling better! That is not a fun thing to have!
This made me laugh.... 345713094889 years!!!! You know it won't be that long before you have kids! I am sure you will be a great mother! Especially working in a Christian Pre School!
I need to do a thankful list!
Hope you have a great week!
DUDE! Is the run you're doing on the 4th the Jingle Bell Run in Bham??? If so...I'LL BE THERE!! One of my shareholders is the "face" of the jingle bell run and my firm makes a team every year and we usually come in first place in bham for largest team and biggest fundraisers as a group. Justin and my in-laws and some other people that have been featured on my blog in the past will be there too. Hope that's the one you're talking about!
You have an award on my blog!
Post a Comment