CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

4.13.2010

5k!

My foot hasnt grown since middle school so i dont buy new shoes often.
I finally wore out my last pair of nikes... hadda hole in the toe and everything!
A few months ago, Thanks to Daddy, i got these!


I love them!
I'm gonna be putting them through a lot of running!
because....
Today I registered for my first 5k!
I'm pumped lettme tell ya!
I've ALWAYS wanted to do one... but i've been putting it off forever!
Mainly because I'm worried about my time.
I'm afraid I'll come in last...
TODAY I decided to get over all that!
I'm just gonna throw myself into one even though i know i'm not ready.
Afterwards, I'll know what to expect and I'll be motivated to do better on the next one.
Not only did I sign up for my first 5k, but I also signed up for my second 5k today!
My first one is on May 8th.
My second one is on May 29th (my birthday).

Starting Wednesday I'm cleaning up my diet. Spring cleaning!
I've been feeling blahhh and i know once i clean up my diet, i'll feel SO much better!
Wed-Sun I have myself on an extremely strict diet.
My body is about to FREAK OUT!
But this is good!
A good friend of mine,
who is also a personal trainer and professional fitness competitor,
is going to look over my diet tomorrow make the adjustments she knows is best!
So after sunday i will still be on a strict diet but it'll be something easier and healthier.
I'm so excited!

Ok runners, any tips for me? preparing? race day? anything!?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats exciting! Im not a runner, I was a classical dancer for over 20 yrs and I had to pick b/c i couldn't kill my ankles and knees doing both. I choose dance.

GOOD LUCK!

xo
-K

Jenny Strickland said...

My foot also has not grown since middle school! And I get my tennis shoes out of the kids dept! But I haven't bought new ones in like 5 years!

Good luck with the 2 5ks!!!! How exciting! You will do fine!!!!

Justin and Marcie said...

I am SOOOOOO excited you signed up for your first 5K. First, which ones did you sign up for? Are they in tuscaloosa or birmingham? You REALLY need to sign up for the Race for the Cure in Bham in October. It's a HUGE race with thousands of people. Ok, tips: 1) do not worry about your time. This is your first 5K and you need to get use to running. 2) You'll run plenty beforehand, but on actual race day...SLOW.DOWN. Since you're running around people, you'll get really motivated and run way faster than you probably did in training, which in turn means you will lose speed towards the end. Buy a watch and and keep up with how long your running and try to shoot for a certain time each mile (10 minute mile, 9 minute mile, etc..) 3) Don't eat breakfast on race day. I don't care what anyone says, there's a chance it will mess with your stomach. Especially since it's your first 5K, you may be nervous and breakfast could make you sick. Most races usually have waters and bananas or granola bars at the finish line, so try to wait til then. If i think of anything else I'll let you know. Sorry that was long. I HEART RUNNING!!!

Laura Sue said...

K - Thanks! I love dance. I wish i would have stayed in it! I was in ballet, tap and jazz when i was younger but when we moved to another town my parents werent familiar with everything so i never got back in dance... instead i got into softball! I love runnin!

Jenny - gosh i dont get my shoes from the kids dept lol i wear a 7.5 and everyone says my feet are tiny! I just think everyone else has big feet! My last pair of shoes lasted me 4 years!

Marcie - I signed up for Warrior Academy Charity Relay for Haiti & Chile in Eutaw on May 8. Then May 29th I'm doin St. Marks Run for Kenya in Tuscaloosa... well Sokol Park in Northport but same thing! I have some others i'm wanting to sign up for too. I've been going by the Tuscaloosa Track Club Calendar so i dont know about any in Birmingham so you should let me know about some good ones there! I will def sign up for the Race of the Cure! Its in Linn Park right? I have a friend who has ran it before and she also said its HUGE! I'm gonna start timing my miles tonight! Thanks for the tips! Keep them coming! I'm SO EXCITED!!!