For the past 3-4 weeks I have been running almost every other day. sometimes more, sometimes less. I have a stability ball that i workout with daily and i also do squats & lunges daily. i've already noticed a difference in my legs! i dont feel like they're noticeably toner yet but they're getting there... ive definitely noticed more muscle! Its exciting to see results!
The race is THIS SATURDAY, im running is in a town about 30mins from my house. So I will leave my house at 7am, arrive EARLY and in time for the registration at 8am. I've already sent in my money and registration form and i even received a call from someone organizing the race. Then the race starts at 9am.
I'm nervous but not as much as i was. I've gotten the "winning" voice out of my head and i'm just gonna focus on the finish line. I'm gonna try not to pay too much attention to time during this race. I will definitely do that on my next race though (may 29). I've been told to change my mindset when running from "i've got to run" to "i get to run". I mean, Its not like anyone is making me do this so i should always think 'i GET to run'
I've been advised to stack up on carbs the night before. So the night before my race I will be cooking grilled chicken pasta!
I guess I'll get back to physics homework! woohoo! haha
Funny Story:
Last week I got a physics test grade back. I studied for the test before class the week before but once I got to class my teacher was talking about how this was the hardest test hes given us so far. Anyways so I got my grade back last week and I only missed 3 questions, A! I was proud of myself so I sent my dad a text, "I made an A on a really big physics test! I missed 3 questions and didnt even study!!!".... his reply "why didnt you study? you should have studied!"
lol Thanks Dad!
5.05.2010
thoughts prior to my 5k
Posted by Laura Sue at 5/05/2010 01:07:00 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comments:
Good luck!!!!
I tagged you in my blog for an award!
Post a Comment