CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

5.27.2010

Lets Play Catch Up!

Marriage Conference
One night Rusty sent me a text telling me to look up this Marriage Conference he wanted us to go to after hearing about it on 93.7 WDJC. Dont worry, you didnt miss that much... we're NOT married. I looked it up and made us reservations. This was without a doubt a "God Thing". What kinda boyfriend suggests to go to a marriage conference to better your relationship? It started on a friday evening with 2 sessions and everyone returned that Saturday morning at 9am for I think 4 more sessions until 3pm. Dale and Jena Forehand led the conference. If you havent heard about them I am going to do a more detailed post after today. We worshipped, listened, cried and prayed. Overall, the conference was awesome and I've noticed we're both beginning to grow. Best $40 ever spent!

5K + Blue Angels
Ha ok funny story! I looked forward to this day for a weeks! I woke up at 6am, left my house at 7am to drive 30mins away to a private school holding a 5k. Registration was at 8am. The race began at 9am. I drove up and a lady asked who I was, I said "Laura..." and before I could get out my last name she already knew who I was and was giving me a hug. I sat in my car for probably 30 minutes on the phone with Rusty because everyone there was so "clicky". Part of me wanted to turn around and go home but I didnt let myself! I was one of the few people in the race who didnt live in that small town. The mayor was even in the race! There were maybe 50 people there. In the beginning I felt like it was very unorganized but what did I know? I'd never been to a race before! They gave everyone maps. I looked at the map and put it in my car. I didnt think I was supposed to run with the map because from everything I knew of races were supposed to be clearly marked. They blew the airhorn and everyone took off running and walking. I was proud to be one of the 6 people in the lead. At every mile there were 2 students sitting on a cooler giving us a bottle of water.... thats the only way we knew how far we'd been. After a while it was only 4 of us in the lead and everyone else wasnt even in sight! I felt so good! Then we came to a corner... We: 2 girl who were students, 1 lady who was ahead of the Beta Club having the race and Me. At the corner, we had no idea which way to go.... nothing was marked off. Luckily the lady had her map we all looked at it and decided to turn right. After a while we got to 2 guys sitting on a cooler so we figured we went the right away. Finally, we could see the finish line... the lady got first place and I got second place. 20 minutes later everyone else got back. They started arguing that we went the wrong way and we didnt win. Two ladys who were teachers at the school walked off to talk and when they came back they said the 1st, 2nd, 3rd people who got back 20mins after we did were the real winners and they recieved metals. We were told we were fake winners. Afterward the lady who got "fake" first got out the map and everyone showed which way they ran.... they were all different. Lettme just say.... the person who got "real" third place was 63 years old. After all that I drove back to Ttown and met Rusty so we could go see the blue angels. I'm pretty sure we walked over 3 miles while we were there. My legs hated me at the end of the day. I'm lucky to have a sweet boyfriend who rubbed them for me!

Entertaining High School Graduation
A couple of people Rusty and I know graduated high school a few weekends ago at Rustys old High school. Lets just say, After I met him and found out he went to this school... I was scared. Once his school played a football game against my high school and the entire place went on lock down because someone from their school had a knife or something. It was a huge deal for my school... but something pretty regular anyways. Anyways, this was a high school graduation I will NEVER forget. It was hilarious! I was WAY over dressed... everyone else was wearing tshirts and jeans. The sprinklers went off in the middle of the ceremony. It started getting dark and the lights wouldnt turn on around the football field so all the police drove their cars onto the field in hopes of lighting it up. Maybe it was one of those "you had to be there" kinda things but it was funny!!!  I laughed so hard I was almost crying.

Preschool Graduation
This was my first year teaching 4 year olds. Its kinda sad saying goodbye because some of them I've moved up with for the past 2-3 years and i've become attached to them! At graduation me and angie gave them their diplomas. I think we were more nervous than them. It was funny, everytime we practiced for graduation they were being funny and singing really loud but during the real deal... they just stood there! Our preschool director gave all the teachers flowers and afterwards we all had snacks, took pictures, talked to the parents, etc. May 26th was our last day for the summer. Its nice to have a break but I sure do need a pay check!!!

New Book
"Letters to God" by Patrick Doughtie and John Perry. Has anyone read it? I know its a kids book because my friends little girl checked it out from the church library. Also, my mom said its a movie. I was looking in the book section at Walmart and it caught my eye so I decided to buy it. I'm almost done with it. I'll do a post on it soon.

Finals
Today is my last day of school for 2 weeks! I had my final project in 3D modeling due Monday night. This morning I turned in my final research paper and we had to write an in class essay. In an hour I have a physics test. Then I'm DONE! I start back the week of June 14th. I only have 2 classes left.... Wednesday night and Saturday morning! WOOHOOO. I'm feeling senior-itis!

My Birthday
This Saturday I'll be the big 2-2. I'm looking forward to "my" day but not to turning 22. :( I'm running a REAL 5k that morning in my town, then i'm canoeing the cahaba river and going out to dinner that night. My friends and I are doing something for my birthday tomorrow night! I get really excited about my birthday and I mentally have a lot of expectations for the day... and they usually disappoint me. I've been praying about that a lot. Today Marcie posted this. :) God listens.

I'm going to study a little more before my LAST FINAL OF THE QUARTER!
I hope everyone has had a wonderful week!

3 comments:

Justin and Marcie said...

1) If I had known that marriage conference was going on, I would have so gone!!

2) The race you ran is very unusual. You need to run a bigger race. Sign up for Race For The Cure in October, a 5K in downtown Birmingham. Thousands of people do that every year and obviously bc of so many people, the direction of the race is very easy and very well marked :)

3) I'm so glad you liked the expectations post. It was something that's been on my heart for a while and it helped me so much that I figured I'd post it in hopes of helping other people. So glad I did it :)

Jenny Strickland said...

sounds like you have been busy and having fun!

Happy Birthday on Saturday!!!!

Have sa great weekend!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura! I know we dont know each other IRL but will you pray for me? I am struggling w.my relationship w.the Lord ad could use all the prayers I can get! and you seem like youre relationship is very strong

I wrote a blog on it not too long ago.

HAPPY EARLY BDAY!

Thx hon.

xo
-K