oh. my. gosh ya'll!
Where has the time gone?! Its JULY?! WHAT?! I've been so busy but I feel like I've gotten nothing done. I hate that this is going to be another "catch up" post, especially since my last one was. So... lets play catch up and maybe I'll see where all my time has gone!
***WARNING: this is going to be a LONG post!***
Unfortunately I have no pictures for this long post and you'll find out why...
May 28 - My Birthday Eve
Went out to eat at Logans Roadhouse (my favorite) with a few close friends, Rusty, and my brother. Afterwards a few people went home due to the bad weather but the rest of us and another couple went Midnight Bowling (something I havent done in years).
I paid a girl to make me a cake for this night and she pretty much made it completely opposite of what i asked. I didnt eat it at all because it was yellow cake instead of chocolate and if I'm gonna waste calories, I do it right! Guess that was Gods way of telling me "no cake". I let a friend take it home with her.
May 29 - My 22 Birthday
I ran another 5k. The weather was PERFECT. This time the race was a "REAL" race (remember the one from the beginning of May?). I got a tshirt and a bag full of stuff! There were so many people there and I felt less nervous. I ended up placing 3rd in my age group, which was a surprise because I felt like I didnt do as well as I could have. My 3rd place prize was a handmade necklace by a "street child" in Kenya (Thats what the race was benefiting). I also won a door prize... FISHIN POLE! I was so excited. I came home and opened presents from my parents then I ate McAlisters for lunch with my parents.
Then my dad and I went canoeing down the cahaba river. We went down 2 BIG waterfalls.... they were big when your going down in a canoe at least. The first one was the worst and you couldnt tell how big the fall was until you fell... I had my new phone from christmas and my year old camera in my pocket (because i wasnt thinking!) The canoe completely flipped and my phone and camera went under too! [After 2 days my phone made it but my camera wasnt so lucky]. I had a HUGE bruise down the back of my thigh and I busted my knee... I have a scar there now. Overall It was fun and I'd do it all again! I just didnt remember the falls being that big! I've gone down them in a tube before.
Once we finally got home the weather wasnt great but I was fine with that because I wouldnt have to take very long to get ready to go out for dinner! My parents took me out to Chucks Fish, one of my favorite sushi restaurants. I hadnt seen Rusty all day so after dinner I went to his house.
When I opened the door the entire house was PITCH BLACK! I thought their power had gone out. Rusty and his Granny started singing happy birthday to me. Then I see candles on the kitchen table, there were presents on the table and tied to a chair was a huge balloon that says "I Love You". Next thing I know Rusty tells me to blow out my candles, I hardly noticed the cake! He'd bought me a glazed chocolate cake. My gift from his granny was a houndstooth sunglasses case and he gave me a really sweet card and red nike dri fit shorts! It was the sweetest thing ever, I almost cried! It defintely gave my birthday the perfect ending.
May 30
My Granddaddy (Moms Dad) turned 79 on May 27th so that whole side of the family met at Cypress Inn for lunch. Afterwards I went to a baby shower that was being held for a couple Rusty and I are close friends with.
Throughout the next week I went to visit my Grandparents who live an hour away (Moms parents), went to see the house my cousin would soon be moving into that they were painting at the time, Rusty went to Oklahoma to visit his dad that would be leaving overseas soon for the 3rd time. That Friday I went to Atlanta with a friend of mine and her hubby for a Pro Fitness Competition she was in. That Sunday they dropped me off at my Grans house (Dads mom) on their way back to Alabama. My Gran lives in GA, its normal a 3 hour drive from home and I hadnt seen her since Christmas due to my business school/work schedule. I spent an amazing week with her! I'm so glad I got to spent time with her. It was a much needed vacation - very relaxing. I got to see 2 of my uncles, 1 aunt and my prego cousin! My Gran and I pretty much talked all day long about God, the bible, Life... it was wonderful. Since I was there without a vehicle, her and my mom met half way when it was time for me to come home. When I was younger every summer I'd spend a week or 2 with my Gran and Grandpa and they'd meet my parents half way to exchange me. I miss those days. On the way home my mom and I went shopping in bham. I bought a much needed new purse and went to Buy Buy Baby to buy a babyshower gift.
June 12 - Big River, Little Run
yes, another 5k. I'm addicted. This one was miserable though. It was insanely HOT! At one point I was running across a bridge and got dizzy so after that I decided I wasnt going to be anal about my time so I wouldnt push myself anymore. I defintely wasnt happy with my time! I got a tshirt and a bag full of stuff. I won a doorprize - gift card to Peterbrooke Chocolate. The next day I went to another [bigger] baby shower for the same couple.
Then I started back classes. My LAST 2 before I graduate. Wednesday nights - Professional Procedures and Portfolio Development. Saturday 9am - 3pm Capstone Project.
Time has flown since then.
- Fathers Day
- Rusty got a new job
- friends birthdays
- I started INSANTIY
- went to see Eclipse
- bought the new Eclipse novella about Bree
- went to see the last airbender in 3d and wasnt impressed with the 3d or paying $11 a ticket.
- Rustys cousin in the Navy came home the weekend of July 4th. We ate dinner and watch fireworks with him and his fiance.
- a 4 year olds birthday party
- a 7 year olds birthday party
- pizza night with friends
Our friends had their baby July 7th. He weighed 10.5 pounds! That night I got a ticket for running a stop sign. I didnt see it so i thought it was hidden. The cop was MEAN. He asked me if i was looking behind me while I was driveing. The next day I went back to take pictures and still couldnt find it so I went back home and read the exact street on the ticket... still no stop sign. I took pictures and I'm fighting it. I dont have $146 to pay for something I didnt do. I'm scared because I've NEVER been to court before and I'm going alone.
[Finally caught up]
Last weekend Rusty and I stayed on the river at a camphouse with a few friends. I got my hair done Tuesday, Graduation pictures taken Tuesday night, saw my brothers new house. Yesterday I spent the entire day at a friends house helping prepare for a birthday party for her little girl. Class in the morning!
hows that for a summary? :)
Also, I'm working on a 101 things to do in 1001 days list! :)






1 comments:
so happy you are back!!!!!
Sounds like you have been super busy!!!
Hope you are having a wonderful summer!!!!!
Post a Comment